We love cashiers here at WUC. We know there job is hard and management/loss prevention wants to make sure they are the first line of defense. With that said, I saw this post in our Coupon Chat Forum (posted by marlin1) that was just too funny!! I hope it puts a smile on your face today!!
1) The Detective - She puts on her glasses, over-analyzes the coupon, puts her glasses down, then repeats the process. Her philosophy: “Not on my watch!”
2) The Glancer - He glances at the coupon simply to appease management. His philosophy: “If the scanner accepts it, so do I!”
3) The Scared Straight-ee - Avoid her line at all cost. She fears coupons. Her “M-O-D please help me” light stays on or flashing. Her philosophy: “You’re not getting me in trouble with dem’ coupons!”
4) The Stock-Holder aka The Hater - This guy behaves as if his (imagined) shares depreciate with every swap of your coupons. Your joy is his pain. He has even said to you, “So, you’re one of those extreme couponers, huh?” His philosophy: “I pay full price, and gosh darnnitt’ so should you!”
5) Da Competent One - Did you just say that she takes off too much? Shame on you. Anyway, she’s really cool. She knows the store’s coupon policy and flows through coupon transactions effortlessly. She’s off today so I couldn’t get her philosophy, sorry.
6) Da Incompetent I & II - If you have ever printed your store’s coupon policy, you have met this cashier before. He exist on both ends of the spectrum. He (Incompetent I) is either oblivious to everything couponic (that’s a cool word), or he (Incompetent II) is the self-proclaimed authority on coupons and how they should be used in “his” store.
His (I) philo…..nevermind…..his thoughts: “What are these paper things? Coupons?…hmmm….I don’t think we do them here.
His (II) philosophy: (use your best Denzel Washington “Training Day” voice) “King Kong… ain’t got Nuthin’…. on Mmeeee!”
Visit our Coupon Chat Forum for more great posts and conversations!