Have you heard of Upromise? Upromise was launched close to a decade ago with the philosophy in mind that everyone should be able to attend college.
Once you join Upromise, you can create a college savings account by entering your information and that of your children. From there, once you enter all your participating store cards and debit/credit cards, you can start saving every time you spend money. And not only you, but extended family who would love to contribute to your child’s college fund can also be a part of it.
How Does Upromise Work?
- Register and fill in the needed information
- Register each of your participating store cards (by entering your zip code, Upromise will let you know who is participating) and all your debit/credit cards that you use
- Inform family and friends that you are starting a college fund for your child and if they’d like to contribute, you’ll need to enter their card numbers
That’s it! Upromise will track your spending and that of participating relatives.
Ways To Save:
Shopping online – Earn 1%-25% when you or family shops online through Upromise.
- Shop or book travel through either upromise.com or TurboSaver
- Click and purchase through a participating retailer, view stores
- Make eligible purchases and pay any way you like (there are a few stores online where you will have to use a registered card but not all)
Restaurants – Earn up to 8% with the Upromise Dinning Program
- Register your credit and debit cards
- Go out to eat, get take out or buy certificates at participating restaurants
- Pay with a registered card
- Earn the up to 8% back on meal, drinks, tax and tip!
Grocery eCoupons – Upromise offers a variety of ecoupons on everyday items and brands.
- Select the ecoupons you want
- Register your grocery or drugstore cards
- Shop for the products at a participating grocery or drug store
- Scan your card at checkout like you normally would and the savings will be credited to your Upromise account
- *The ecoupons will not come off your total at the time of purchase. The amount is deposited into your Upromise account
Redemption Options -
- Savings Accounts – Earn interest on your Upromise earnings. Put your earnings to work in a High-Yield Savings Account by Sallie Mae® and you can earn a 10% annual match! *Certain restrictions apply for the 10% annual match
- Student Loans – Pay down an eligible Sallie Mae® loan. Use Upromise Loan Link® for automatic transfers from your Upromise account
- 529 College Saving Plans – Save in a tax-advantaged college fund. Invest in a tax-advantaged, flexible college fund account for your children, grandchildren, or even for yourself *Please read the fine print before setting this up
- Request A Check – Use your earnings any way you want. Upromise will send you a check ($10 minimum) so you can use your cash back however you like
Want to start saving now? Join UPromise and Save for College!