Welcome to WeUseCoupons.com
WeUseCoupons.com
Home Register Forum Coupon Database Beginners Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Affiliates Contact
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 PM.
 »   WeUseCoupons.com » Deal Locator » Grocery Stores » Giant / Stop & Shop » Giant/Stop & Shop RIP
Subscribe to WUC and get Daily Updates in your Inbox Facebook



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  post #11  
Old 08-04-2011, 03:09 PM
bojangles02zippy's Avatar
bojangles02zippy bojangles02zippy is offline
WUCkie
Trader Feedback: (1), 100%
 
About
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 555
Thanks: 281
Thanked 1,039 Times in 436 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 36
LoL'd at 43 Times in 16 Posts
bojangles02zippy has much to be proud ofbojangles02zippy has much to be proud ofbojangles02zippy has much to be proud ofbojangles02zippy has much to be proud ofbojangles02zippy has much to be proud ofbojangles02zippy has much to be proud ofbojangles02zippy has much to be proud ofbojangles02zippy has much to be proud of
Default

jenny -- i have so much now all i need is produce and meat. its great. sure more doublers this wk would help with the cost of cat food but that is all.
Send a private message to %1$s
The Following User Says Thank You to bojangles02zippy For This Useful Post:
<
  post #12  
Old 08-04-2011, 03:14 PM
JennyJoy's Avatar
JennyJoy JennyJoy is offline
WUCkie
JennyJoy's WishList
Trader Feedback: (62), 100%
 
About
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cape Cod, MA
JennyJoy's YTD Savings: @ Stop and Shop: $3109.50
Posts: 8,315
Thanks: 25,678
Thanked 25,902 Times in 7,005 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 1,387
LoL'd at 1,615 Times in 676 Posts
JennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holic
Default

That's the way it works! Woohoo
Send a private message to %1$s
  post #13  
Old 08-04-2011, 10:10 PM
rosalyn rosalyn is offline
Junior Member
Trader Feedback: (0), 0%
 
About
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 16
Thanks: 5
Thanked 27 Times in 14 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 0
LoL'd at 0 Times in 0 Posts
rosalyn is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi everyone,
I am so new to all this..what is a doubler and how can i maximize my shopping this week..i am on a tight budget and only want to spend $40 this week food shopping..i do most of my shopping at s&s and would really appreciate a helping hand especially if this week is sooo huge..? I live in boston,ma..i don't know if we get doublers??

please help..thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to rosalyn For This Useful Post:
  post #14  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:15 PM
JennyJoy's Avatar
JennyJoy JennyJoy is offline
WUCkie
JennyJoy's WishList
Trader Feedback: (62), 100%
 
About
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cape Cod, MA
JennyJoy's YTD Savings: @ Stop and Shop: $3109.50
Posts: 8,315
Thanks: 25,678
Thanked 25,902 Times in 7,005 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 1,387
LoL'd at 1,615 Times in 676 Posts
JennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holic
Default

Matchup is complete! See anything I missed?
Send a private message to %1$s
  post #15  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:23 PM
JennyJoy's Avatar
JennyJoy JennyJoy is offline
WUCkie
JennyJoy's WishList
Trader Feedback: (62), 100%
 
About
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cape Cod, MA
JennyJoy's YTD Savings: @ Stop and Shop: $3109.50
Posts: 8,315
Thanks: 25,678
Thanked 25,902 Times in 7,005 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 1,387
LoL'd at 1,615 Times in 676 Posts
JennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holicJennyJoy User is a Shop-a-holic
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalyn View Post
Hi everyone,
I am so new to all this..what is a doubler and how can i maximize my shopping this week..i am on a tight budget and only want to spend $40 this week food shopping..i do most of my shopping at s&s and would really appreciate a helping hand especially if this week is sooo huge..? I live in boston,ma..i don't know if we get doublers??

please help..thanks!!
Hi Rosalyn

Have you been collecting your coupons yet? Go through your coupons, and see if you have them available for things listed above - if so, awesome! Dollar Doublers double $1 Manufacturer coupons, so if you have $1/1 or $1/2 coupons, you can usually snag some good deals You can use 3 $1 Dollar Doubler coupons, and you have to spend $15 minimum, before coupons. The doublers are usually only in the flyers that come in mail, or newspapers, so if you have neighbors/friends etc that could give you theirs from your flyers that would help you, that way you could do small $15 transactions and break them up to make the most of your dollar doublers!

If you need help with some scenario ideas to get you started once you see what coupons you have, let us know!
Send a private message to %1$s
  post #16  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:28 PM
coramdayo's Avatar
coramdayo coramdayo is offline
WUCkie
Trader Feedback: (3), 100%
 
About
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NoVa
Posts: 419
Thanks: 881
Thanked 849 Times in 322 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 186
LoL'd at 70 Times in 25 Posts
coramdayo is a splendid one to beholdcoramdayo is a splendid one to beholdcoramdayo is a splendid one to beholdcoramdayo is a splendid one to beholdcoramdayo is a splendid one to beholdcoramdayo is a splendid one to beholdcoramdayo is a splendid one to behold
Default

No doublers in my sale paper today. I thought it would be strange for them to do it two weeks in a row.
Send a private message to %1$s
The Following User Says Thank You to coramdayo For This Useful Post:
  post #17  
Old 08-05-2011, 12:10 AM
rosalyn rosalyn is offline
Junior Member
Trader Feedback: (0), 0%
 
About
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 16
Thanks: 5
Thanked 27 Times in 14 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 0
LoL'd at 0 Times in 0 Posts
rosalyn is on a distinguished road
Default

ok so this is a good example. i always buy cereal like crazy bcuz i bring a cup of dry cereal w/me to stave off hunger 100 calories..
i have a ton of different manu qpons for cereals and i can always print more online so how would i use a manu qpon for this and maximize this deal?
i have $1 off any three? .75 off one box of cocoa puffs?a catalina for 1.50 off four?
and then assuming i am able to double..whatever that means..
**General Mills Cereal 2/$5
trix, lucky charms, cocoa puffs, reese's peanut butter puffs, honey nut chex, cheerios**


Fiber One $.75/1 90 Calorie Brownies (10/1/11)
can get multiple coupons for this but, i can only use one manu right?

Betty Crocker Cookie Mix 2/$4
$1/2 Betty Crocker Cookie Mix 8/7/2011 GM Insert (exp 10/1/2011)

Buy 2 @ $4
Use $1/2 Q + Doubler = 2/$2, $1 Ea!

now i don't understand how you got to this conclusion..we do a lot of bake sales at my school and i would love to stock up!!

Ok so those are some examples of things i would want to buy but, i want to save a ton of money ofcourse am i being unrealistic?


Thank you for getting back to me i hope i am making sense..

Thanks R-
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyJoy View Post
Hi Rosalyn

Have you been collecting your coupons yet? Go through your coupons, and see if you have them available for things listed above - if so, awesome! Dollar Doublers double $1 Manufacturer coupons, so if you have $1/1 or $1/2 coupons, you can usually snag some good deals You can use 3 $1 Dollar Doubler coupons, and you have to spend $15 minimum, before coupons. The doublers are usually only in the flyers that come in mail, or newspapers, so if you have neighbors/friends etc that could give you theirs from your flyers that would help you, that way you could do small $15 transactions and break them up to make the most of your dollar doublers!

If you need help with some scenario ideas to get you started once you see what coupons you have, let us know!
The Following User Says Thank You to rosalyn For This Useful Post:
  post #18  
Old 08-05-2011, 12:35 AM
rosalyn rosalyn is offline
Junior Member
Trader Feedback: (0), 0%
 
About
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 16
Thanks: 5
Thanked 27 Times in 14 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 0
LoL'd at 0 Times in 0 Posts
rosalyn is on a distinguished road
Default double coupon policy?

ok so i just read this on the store website..What is your double coupon policy?

We double the savings marked on manufacturers' cents-off coupons up to 99. Any coupon $1 and over will be redeemed at face value of the item purchased. In cases where the double coupon total exceeds the value of the item, the offer is limited to the retail price. Lottery tickets, cigarettes, tax and items prohibited by law are excluded.

You may double a maximum of 4 identical manufacturers' coupons. For example: if a customer purchased five boxes of Cheerios and presented 5 manufacturers' coupons for 50, the first four coupons would be doubled to $1. The fifth coupon would only be redeemed for 50.

Up to an additional 12 identical manufacturers' coupons/items will be redeemed at face value for a total of 16 identical manufacturers' coupons..

so do i understand this correctly if i present a .50 coupon the will double it to .99? is this for special "double events" or is this all the time? this is where i am getting lost and unfortunately i have let a couple coupons expire bcuz of this misunderstanding...thanks again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalyn View Post
ok so this is a good example. i always buy cereal like crazy bcuz i bring a cup of dry cereal w/me to stave off hunger 100 calories..
i have a ton of different manu qpons for cereals and i can always print more online so how would i use a manu qpon for this and maximize this deal?
i have $1 off any three? .75 off one box of cocoa puffs?a catalina for 1.50 off four?
and then assuming i am able to double..whatever that means..
**General Mills Cereal 2/$5
trix, lucky charms, cocoa puffs, reese's peanut butter puffs, honey nut chex, cheerios**


Fiber One $.75/1 90 Calorie Brownies (10/1/11)
can get multiple coupons for this but, i can only use one manu right?

Betty Crocker Cookie Mix 2/$4
$1/2 Betty Crocker Cookie Mix 8/7/2011 GM Insert (exp 10/1/2011)

Buy 2 @ $4
Use $1/2 Q + Doubler = 2/$2, $1 Ea!

now i don't understand how you got to this conclusion..we do a lot of bake sales at my school and i would love to stock up!!

Ok so those are some examples of things i would want to buy but, i want to save a ton of money ofcourse am i being unrealistic?


Thank you for getting back to me i hope i am making sense..

Thanks R-
The Following User Says Thank You to rosalyn For This Useful Post:
  post #19  
Old 08-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Kitty Le' pard's Avatar
Kitty Le' pard Kitty Le' pard is offline
WUCkie
Kitty Le' pard's WishList
Trader Feedback: (18), 100%
 
About
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Kitty Le' pard's YTD Savings: Lots and Lots of $
Posts: 3,621
Thanks: 39,359
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,209 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 1,503
LoL'd at 380 Times in 178 Posts
Kitty Le' pard User has Shopping Skills are revered by many!Kitty Le' pard User has Shopping Skills are revered by many!Kitty Le' pard User has Shopping Skills are revered by many!Kitty Le' pard User has Shopping Skills are revered by many!Kitty Le' pard User has Shopping Skills are revered by many!Kitty Le' pard User has Shopping Skills are revered by many!Kitty Le' pard User has Shopping Skills are revered by many!Kitty Le' pard User has Shopping Skills are revered by many!Kitty Le' pard User has Shopping Skills are revered by many!Kitty Le' pard User has Shopping Skills are revered by many!Kitty Le' pard User has Shopping Skills are revered by many!
Default

Thanks I'm excited now for the doublers

Couponer for Life

Send a private message to %1$s
The Following User Says Thank You to Kitty Le' pard For This Useful Post:
  post #20  
Old 08-05-2011, 01:33 AM
Mollee0510's Avatar
Mollee0510 Mollee0510 is offline
WUCkie
Trader Feedback: (0), 0%
 
About
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fall River MA
Mollee0510's YTD Savings: S&S $541 and growing
Posts: 313
Thanks: 377
Thanked 971 Times in 297 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 23
LoL'd at 18 Times in 11 Posts
Mollee0510 is a splendid one to beholdMollee0510 is a splendid one to beholdMollee0510 is a splendid one to beholdMollee0510 is a splendid one to beholdMollee0510 is a splendid one to beholdMollee0510 is a splendid one to beholdMollee0510 is a splendid one to beholdMollee0510 is a splendid one to behold
Default Oh boy... I MUST help you

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalyn View Post
ok so i just read this on the store website..What is your double coupon policy?

We double the savings marked on manufacturers' cents-off coupons up to 99. Any coupon $1 and over will be redeemed at face value of the item purchased. In cases where the double coupon total exceeds the value of the item, the offer is limited to the retail price. Lottery tickets, cigarettes, tax and items prohibited by law are excluded.

You may double a maximum of 4 identical manufacturers' coupons. For example: if a customer purchased five boxes of Cheerios and presented 5 manufacturers' coupons for 50, the first four coupons would be doubled to $1. The fifth coupon would only be redeemed for 50.

Up to an additional 12 identical manufacturers' coupons/items will be redeemed at face value for a total of 16 identical manufacturers' coupons..

so do i understand this correctly if i present a .50 coupon the will double it to .99? is this for special "double events" or is this all the time? this is where i am getting lost and unfortunately i have let a couple coupons expire bcuz of this misunderstanding...thanks again!!

So, I have been using this site for a little over 2 weeks to look for deals but decided to register just now so I can respond to this and help you out.

Ok so the first thing to address is the coupon policy at stop and shop.

"We double the savings marked on manufacturers' cents-off coupons up to 99. Any coupon $1 and over will be redeemed at face value of the item purchased"
This means if you use a coupon that is valueed at .99 or less they will double the value of it. Ex: you have a .75 off coupon they will double that to 1.50. This is EVERYDAY of the week not just during doubler events. If the coupons is originally valued at $1 or more they will just give you the amount of the coupon. So, in reality shopping at stop and shop you are better to use a coupon worth .75 than a coupon worth $1 because stop and shop will double the .75 to 1.50. Now, as far as coupons that state "do not double", it has been my experience that they pay no attention to this. If I have a coupon for .50 that states DND they will still double it. I have heard this is a "personal thanks" from stop and shop for shopping there. Whatever the reason I <3 it.

"You may double a maximum of 4 identical manufacturers' coupons. For example: if a customer purchased five boxes of Cheerios and presented 5 manufacturers' coupons for 50, the first four coupons would be doubled to $1. The fifth coupon would only be redeemed for 50." Exactly that. Only the first 4 of one coupon will double. Just to make this perfectly clear lets do a better example... You buy 9 boxes of cheerios. You have 5 coupons for .50 off and 4 for .60 off. (4) of the .50 off coupons would double to $1 and the fifth would only be for .50. then the (4) .60 off would all double also. Even though they are coupons for the same product they are not identical.

Reguarding DOUBLE EVENTS: Usually during a double event the flyer that is mailed to your house will contain 3 coupons on the side that say present this coupon and it will double a coupon $1 in value. Redeem 1 or all 3 in a single transaction with a $15 minimum purchase (sorry if the wording is not exact.. someone ripped off my flyer this week probably for this reason, so I do not have it in front of me)
What is basically means is in addition to doubling your coupons that are .99 and under, present a special doubler coupon with a coupon valued for $1 off and they will double that $1 coupon to $2.
Example: Coupon you have states SAVE $1 When you buy 3 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks. Give the cashier that coupon with the special doubler coupon and it will deduct $2 off your order instead of $1.

I really hope this has helped you out I know it was loooong but it was the only way I could explain it correctly.
Send a private message to %1$s
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mollee0510 For This Useful Post:
 

Tags
big, doublers, or 11, shop or giant, stop, week

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump