Welcome to WeUseCoupons.com
WeUseCoupons.com
Home Register Forum Coupon Database Beginners Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Affiliates Contact
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 AM.
 »   WeUseCoupons.com » WeUseCoupons Public Archives » WUC Public Archives
Subscribe to WUC and get Daily Updates in your Inbox Facebook



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  post #1  
Old 05-17-2010, 03:37 PM
LadyDove LadyDove is offline
WUCkie
LadyDove's WishList
Trader Feedback: (16), 100%
 
About
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 600
Thanks: 477
Thanked 1,735 Times in 492 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 23
LoL'd at 304 Times in 98 Posts
LadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant future
Default Help me Figure out Wedding Details Update #17

Please Help me! MY DH and I have finally set a date to celebrate our wedding. We are common Law married, but for the sake of the kids, and insurance purposes it will be easier if we go ahead and get the legal paperwork done.

We are getting married at the court house on June 11th, but our neighbors are throwing us a party on the 12th as a wedding reception and dance. We are planning on about 50 people. I need ideas for cheap filling food. We have picked out some decor, but our colors are purple and silver, and I could always use more ideas there.

What I REALLY need help with is figuring out the wording for the invites. This is going to be a semi casual affair, and we just want people to come have a good time with us and not feel like they have to get all dressed up etc.

We have our rings, and I have my dress and DH's tux, So basically I am just trying to throw a good party for a little bit of money.

Any advice is welcome.

Mama to Fledgling, Hatchling and one egg that never hatched.


http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/u...yrslf_down.gif

Last edited by LadyDove; 05-18-2010 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: Update Title
Send a private message to %1$s
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LadyDove For This Useful Post:
<
  post #2  
Old 05-17-2010, 03:53 PM
taylorsmom taylorsmom is offline
Moderator
taylorsmom's WishList
Trader Feedback: (125), 100%
 
About
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 27,357
Thanks: 120,710
Thanked 76,847 Times in 23,119 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 2,348
LoL'd at 7,231 Times in 2,771 Posts
taylorsmom User is a Shop-a-holictaylorsmom User is a Shop-a-holictaylorsmom User is a Shop-a-holictaylorsmom User is a Shop-a-holictaylorsmom User is a Shop-a-holictaylorsmom User is a Shop-a-holictaylorsmom User is a Shop-a-holictaylorsmom User is a Shop-a-holictaylorsmom User is a Shop-a-holictaylorsmom User is a Shop-a-holictaylorsmom User is a Shop-a-holic
Default

You can always go to your local farmer's market and get loads of fresh veggies for a veggie tray. Also, you can make a pasta salad and add fresh veggies to it. You can always find cheap pasta and some stores have Cat deals right now making salad dressing super cheap.

You could do a stawberry shortcake for dessert if strawberries are in season.

Taylorsmom
Send a private message to %1$s
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taylorsmom For This Useful Post:
  post #3  
Old 05-17-2010, 04:22 PM
racinma9872's Avatar
racinma9872 racinma9872 is offline
WUCkie
racinma9872's WishList
Trader Feedback: (40), 100%
 
About
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Central Wisconsin
racinma9872's YTD Savings: nice lil chunk of change
Posts: 3,560
Thanks: 8,240
Thanked 10,111 Times in 2,867 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 203
LoL'd at 653 Times in 229 Posts
racinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holic
Default

Wording on the invite:

Mr. & Mrs. _______ will be united in Marriage on the 11th of June, 2010.
Your presence is requested to help them celebrate their unity on the 12th of June, 2010 at
Location name
Street Address
City, State. Zip
Food to be served at Time here
Music to begin at Time Here
This is a casual affair and we ask that you please dress comfortably.
Please come join us and help us celebrate our new life together!
Please RSVP By June 1, 2010.

RSVP: Phone #'s Here

Print The invites on Grey paper (Or a grey background) with Black Ink then Cut Purple Paper slightly larger then the Grey Paper. Use Scrap booking scissors to embellish the edges of the "Grey Invite Portion" then Glue Purple paper to backside of Grey paper so the Purple paper makes a frame around the "Grey Invite" Portion. Embellish with a dual bow made from Very slim Purple and and Silver Craft ribbon (can be found at Walmart) in a corner and voila your invite is done!
Send a private message to %1$s
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to racinma9872 For This Useful Post:
  post #4  
Old 05-17-2010, 04:27 PM
moonlight79 moonlight79 is offline
WUCkie
Trader Feedback: (8), 100%
 
About
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 310
Thanks: 2,121
Thanked 661 Times in 238 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 82
LoL'd at 9 Times in 5 Posts
moonlight79 is a splendid one to beholdmoonlight79 is a splendid one to beholdmoonlight79 is a splendid one to beholdmoonlight79 is a splendid one to beholdmoonlight79 is a splendid one to beholdmoonlight79 is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDove View Post
Please Help me! MY DH and I have finally set a date to celebrate our wedding. We are common Law married, but for the sake of the kids, and insurance purposes it will be easier if we go ahead and get the legal paperwork done.

We are getting married at the court house on June 11th, but our neighbors are throwing us a party on the 12th as a wedding reception and dance. We are planning on about 50 people. I need ideas for cheap filling food. We have picked out some decor, but our colors are purple and silver, and I could always use more ideas there.

What I REALLY need help with is figuring out the wording for the invites. This is going to be a semi casual affair, and we just want people to come have a good time with us and not feel like they have to get all dressed up etc.

We have our rings, and I have my dress and DH's tux, So basically I am just trying to throw a good party for a little bit of money.

Any advice is welcome.
Aww congratulations!!! I got married on June 11th too, but 5 years ago. My husband and I will be 5 years for us.
Send a private message to %1$s
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moonlight79 For This Useful Post:
  post #5  
Old 05-17-2010, 04:27 PM
NewsoL's Avatar
NewsoL NewsoL is offline
WUCkie
NewsoL's WishList
Trader Feedback: (14), 100%
 
About
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 941
Thanks: 1,661
Thanked 2,608 Times in 784 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 25
LoL'd at 69 Times in 31 Posts
NewsoL has a reputation beyond reputeNewsoL has a reputation beyond reputeNewsoL has a reputation beyond reputeNewsoL has a reputation beyond reputeNewsoL has a reputation beyond reputeNewsoL has a reputation beyond reputeNewsoL has a reputation beyond reputeNewsoL has a reputation beyond reputeNewsoL has a reputation beyond reputeNewsoL has a reputation beyond reputeNewsoL has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Tissue Paper Pom Poms are soooo cute... I am excited to make some myself!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8YsQvc/">
<img border="0" src="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w8YsQvc/weight.png"></a>
Send a private message to %1$s
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewsoL For This Useful Post:
  post #6  
Old 05-17-2010, 04:29 PM
LadyDove LadyDove is offline
WUCkie
LadyDove's WishList
Trader Feedback: (16), 100%
 
About
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 600
Thanks: 477
Thanked 1,735 Times in 492 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 23
LoL'd at 304 Times in 98 Posts
LadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinma9872 View Post
Wording on the invite:

Mr. & Mrs. _______ will be united in Marriage on the 11th of June, 2010.
Your presence is requested to help them celebrate their unity on the 12th of June, 2010 at
Location name
Street Address
City, State. Zip
Food to be served at Time here
Music to begin at Time Here
This is a casual affair and we ask that you please dress comfortably.
Please come join us and help us celebrate our new life together!
Please RSVP By June 1, 2010.

RSVP: Phone #'s Here
This is Perfect! I have been racking my brain for days trying to figure out how to word the invites! Thank you so VERY MUCH!

Mama to Fledgling, Hatchling and one egg that never hatched.


http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/u...yrslf_down.gif
Send a private message to %1$s
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyDove For This Useful Post:
  post #7  
Old 05-17-2010, 04:31 PM
racinma9872's Avatar
racinma9872 racinma9872 is offline
WUCkie
racinma9872's WishList
Trader Feedback: (40), 100%
 
About
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Central Wisconsin
racinma9872's YTD Savings: nice lil chunk of change
Posts: 3,560
Thanks: 8,240
Thanked 10,111 Times in 2,867 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 203
LoL'd at 653 Times in 229 Posts
racinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holicracinma9872 User is a Shop-a-holic
Default

Glad to help! Congratulations BTW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDove View Post
This is Perfect! I have been racking my brain for days trying to figure out how to word the invites! Thank you so VERY MUCH!
Send a private message to %1$s
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to racinma9872 For This Useful Post:
  post #8  
Old 05-17-2010, 04:33 PM
mtnmamamj's Avatar
mtnmamamj mtnmamamj is online now
Moderator
mtnmamamj's WishList
Trader Feedback: (80), 100%
 
About
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Front Royal, Virginia
Posts: 37,823
Thanks: 104,498
Thanked 125,877 Times in 34,533 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 7,453
LoL'd at 13,514 Times in 4,476 Posts
mtnmamamj User is a Shop-a-holicmtnmamamj User is a Shop-a-holicmtnmamamj User is a Shop-a-holicmtnmamamj User is a Shop-a-holicmtnmamamj User is a Shop-a-holicmtnmamamj User is a Shop-a-holicmtnmamamj User is a Shop-a-holicmtnmamamj User is a Shop-a-holicmtnmamamj User is a Shop-a-holicmtnmamamj User is a Shop-a-holicmtnmamamj User is a Shop-a-holic
Default

I recently helped a friend put together a celebration of Life for 50-75 people. Although the occasion is different, the food could be similar. Because of the fact that we had to put it together quickly we had to do the best we could. I spent $125 at costco and got the following:

2 Veggie Trays (one never got opened)
3 packages of Cookies
1 Bag of Bell Peppers to add to the veggie tray
1-2 trays of sliced cheese
2 trays of Turkey roll ups (we had lots left over)
1 Large container of grapes

I am sure I am forgetting some stuff, but what I am trying to say is that for very little money we had plenty of food. Now someone else made Chocolate covered strawberries and another person brought some other cookies, but most of it was from costco.

~Missy~ Co-Leader for Food Lion and Martins/Giant PA


Posts May Contain Affiliate Links
Send a private message to %1$s
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtnmamamj For This Useful Post:
  post #9  
Old 05-17-2010, 04:36 PM
LadyDove LadyDove is offline
WUCkie
LadyDove's WishList
Trader Feedback: (16), 100%
 
About
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 600
Thanks: 477
Thanked 1,735 Times in 492 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 23
LoL'd at 304 Times in 98 Posts
LadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorsmom View Post
You can always go to your local farmer's market and get loads of fresh veggies for a veggie tray. Also, you can make a pasta salad and add fresh veggies to it. You can always find cheap pasta and some stores have Cat deals right now making salad dressing super cheap.

You could do a stawberry shortcake for dessert if strawberries are in season.

Taylorsmom
This is a Great Idea! I really like the strawberry shortcake idea. Do you happen to have any Pasta Salad Ideas? I'm a horrible cook lol

Mama to Fledgling, Hatchling and one egg that never hatched.


http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/u...yrslf_down.gif
Send a private message to %1$s
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyDove For This Useful Post:
  post #10  
Old 05-17-2010, 04:38 PM
LadyDove LadyDove is offline
WUCkie
LadyDove's WishList
Trader Feedback: (16), 100%
 
About
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 600
Thanks: 477
Thanked 1,735 Times in 492 Posts
My Mood:
LoL's: 23
LoL'd at 304 Times in 98 Posts
LadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant futureLadyDove has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmamamj View Post
I recently helped a friend put together a celebration of Life for 50-75 people. Although the occasion is different, the food could be similar. Because of the fact that we had to put it together quickly we had to do the best we could. I spent $125 at costco and got the following:

2 Veggie Trays (one never got opened)
3 packages of Cookies
1 Bag of Bell Peppers to add to the veggie tray
1-2 trays of sliced cheese
2 trays of Turkey roll ups (we had lots left over)
1 Large container of grapes

I am sure I am forgetting some stuff, but what I am trying to say is that for very little money we had plenty of food. Now someone else made Chocolate covered strawberries and another person brought some other cookies, but most of it was from costco.

Thank you! I am glad to find there are good things I can buy instead of make. Like I have said before... I'm not the best cook in the world.

Mama to Fledgling, Hatchling and one egg that never hatched.


http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/u...yrslf_down.gif
Send a private message to %1$s
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyDove For This Useful Post:
 

Tags
#17, details, figure, update, wedding

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! did i figure this out right?? JakeTy0508 CVS Dead Deals 5 01-05-2011 05:31 PM
UPDATE: Son's Wedding qtobeme WUC Public Archives 6 09-28-2010 02:25 PM
UPDATE: Wedding is this weekend! qtobeme WUC Public Archives 11 09-24-2010 03:01 PM
Can't quite figure this out! mommymackey WUC Public Archives 7 08-19-2010 09:48 PM
Help me figure out how to save for a wedding DamianMom WUC Public Archives 37 06-11-2010 12:55 PM